Pre-preparing these cuts allows your customers time to cook it low and slow for the best results.
|Ingredient||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Bone in Lamb Shoulder||1kg||4kg||10kg|
|Sauce||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Tabasco Sauce||0.5 cup||2 cups||5 cups|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Using a square cut shoulder, remove neck bone and ribs, leave whole.
2. Coat generously with the dry rub and vacuum package or display fresh.
Red Pepper Sauce
1. Combine all ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and cool.
CUSTOMER – INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Pre-heat a kettle style BBQ, place shoulder on the grill.
2. Cook on medium to low heat for 2 hours with wood chips on the coals and allow to smoke.
3. Wrap lamb in foil and cook for a further 2 hours.
Serve with red pepper sauce coleslaw and fresh rolls, also great in a salad or burritos.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Sell sauce separately.