Tender slices of beef seasoned with sage and pan fried quickly for easy entertaining.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Rump||6mm Thick Steaks||600g||2.4kg||6kg|
|Lean Smoked Ham||Sliced||120g||480g||1.2kg|
|Fresh Sage Leaves||Chopped Finely||1g||4g||10g|
|Fresh Sage Leaves||Large Whole||6||24||60|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Combine butter, garlic, pepper and chopped sage.
2. Flatten beef lightly with meat mallet on one side. Top flattened side of beef with ham. Spread with butter. Fold over to enclose filling. The filling does not need to be fully enclosed. This dish is designed so that the butter will ooze out.
3. Secure end with toothpick or shortened bamboo skewer. Press whole sage leaf on top.
Display on trays.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat large base heavy pan over moderate heat.
2. Cook beef for 3 minutes on each side until well browned and cooked through.
3. Serve immediately, drizzled with pan juices.
Serve with a crisp green salad.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Ideal to display all year round.