Delicious hot or cold!
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Curry Powder||Hot Madras||10g||40g||100g|
|Puff Pastry||250mm x 250mm Sheets||2||8||20|
|Foil Pie Dish||140mm x 30mm Deep||2||8||20|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Combine lamb, breadcrumbs, curyr powder, peas, carrot and ginger. Mix well together. Spray foil dish lightly with oil.
2. Cut sheet of pastry in half. Place 2 rectangles of pastry side by side with short edges slightly over lapping, to form a long rectangle approximately 120mm x 480mm.
3. Using a sausage filler, roll lamb into a long sausage 20mm diameter, place along long edge of pastry and roll carefully to fully enclose filling.
4. Beginning at one end, gently roll pastry to form a spiral. Place in a pre-prepared foil pie dish. Brush with egg glaze and sprinkle with extra curry powder.
Display in foil trays ready to bake.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 200°c.
2. Bake swirl in foil pie dish on a baking tray for 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and filling is cooked through.
Serve cut into wedges, accompanied with your favourite chutney. Delicious warm or cold.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Ideal to promote during picnic season.