Crispy lamb open pies make the perfect addition to your picnic basket!
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Fresh Mint||Finely Chopped||10g||40g||100g|
|Puff Pastry||240x240mm Sheets||3||12||30|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Combine lamb, feta, spinach, mint and pepper.
2. Cut pastry sheets into 4 squares 120mm x 120mm.
3. Take 70g of lamb mixture and roll into a rectangle approximately 10cm x 4cm. Place lamb diagonally across the pastry square.
4. Fold two opposite ends over the lamb, leaving the ends open (envelope style). Repeat with remaining lamb and pastry.
Note: Try replacing feta and mint with parmesan and parsely for variety.
Place on trays lined with baking paper.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat fan forced oven to 200°c.
2. Brush pastries lightly with beaten egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Serve with crisp green salad and tomato chutney.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Ideal for spring racing/picnic season.