Finger lickin' good!
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Beef Chuck Short Ribs||70mm-80mm Long||2kg||8kg||20kg|
|Hoi Sin Sauce||100g||400g||1kg|
|Chinese Five Spice||Powder||5g||20g||50g|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Remove plasticky skin like membrane from bone side of ribs by placing the point of a small sharp knife under the corner and lifting the edge. The membrane will pull away easily.
2. Score meaty side of ribs, at right angles to the bones. Cutting slits 5mm deep and 20mm apart. Cut into individual ribs.
3. Combine hoi sin, honey, oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, spice and sesame seeds. Add ribs and mix well to coat in marinade, rubbing well into slits.
Display on trays cut side up. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Place ribs in deep foil roasting tray. Add 500ml beef stock or water to depth of 3cm. Cover tightly with foil, pinching around top edges of foil tray to seal.
2. Prepare kettle BBQ for indirect heat and cook ribs on upper rack over lowest possible heat for 2½-3 hours until meat is very tender and ribs have browned. Remove ribs from liquid.
Serve ribs with noodles and Asian greens.