Sweet and sour lamb is a different spin on an Asian favourite.
|Ingredient||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Lamb Rump Stir-Fry Strips||500g||2kg||5kg|
|Sweet and Sour Sauce||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Chinese Cooking Wine||40ml||160ml||400ml|
|Red Food Colouring||2.5g||10g||25g|
|Chinese Five Spice||2.5g||10g||25g|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Mix cornflour and water into a thin paste and set aside.
2. Combine all ingredients (except for the lamb and cornflour mix) in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Once boiling slowly add the cornflour and paste, keep whisking as you add the paste until you obtain the desired thickness.
4. Allow to cool in the fridge before adding sauce to the lamb strips.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
CUSTOMER – INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat a large non-stick pan until hot then add oil, meat and fresh stir-fry vegies (carrot, onion, bok choy, capsicum and garlic).
2. Stir-fry for a further 5 minutes until the meat is cooked.
Serve on a bed of steamed rice.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Display in a bowl.