Be prepared to use your fingers. You won't want to miss any of these delicious sticky ribs!
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Beef Chuck Short Ribs||Whole Rib Plate||1.2kg||4.8kg||12kg|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Remove plasticky skin like membrane from bone side of ribs by placing the point of a small sharp knife under the corner and lifting the edge. The membrane will pull away easily.
2. Score meaty side of ribs, cutting slits across the meat at right angles to the bone, 5mm deep and 20mm apart. Cut into individual ribs.
3. Combine tomato sauce, sugar, mustard, worecestershire sauce and onion in a large bowl. Add ribs and toss well to coat with marinade. Rub marinade well into slits.
Display on trays, cut edge deep. Pour over any remaining marinade.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Prepare kettle BBQ for cooking with indirect heat.
2. Place ribs in 2 litre capacity foil baking tray with meaty side up.
3. Pour over approximately 300ml of beer, stout or beef stock.
4. Cover with baking paper and then cover with foil. Pinching around the edges of the foil tray to seal.
5. Cook on upper rack of kettle BBQ over lowest possible heat for 2 hours. Lift edge of foil to check that there is sufficient liquid. Reseal and cook for a further 30 minutes or until meat is very tender and sauce is browned and sticky.
Serve with creamy potato salad.