The brilliant colour and texture of cranberries add another dimension to this delicious roast.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Beef Oyster Blade||Denuded and Butterflied||1kg||4kg||10kg|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Remove internal sinew from oyster blade and lay flat, external side down.
2. Combine cranberries, breadcrumbs, onion, rosemary and orange juice. Roll into a thick log and place on oyster blade. Roll up and secure with string or food grade bands at 30mm intervals.
3. Combine cranberry sauce and mustard. Spread over roast.
4. Place a sprig of rosemary on the roast to indicate the direction of the grain and secure under ties.
Display on a deep tray.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 180°C. Cook roast on rack for 1 hour, basting with glaze occasionally.
2. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. Remove string or bands.
3. Carve against the grain and serve with pan juices.
Serve with steamed green vegetables.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Display with packs of pre-prepared vegetables to roast for a complete meal solution.
Use vegetables which will not discolour, such as wedges of pumpkin, whole baby potatoes and carrots.