A delightful combination of beef, red wine, onion and mushrooms with a hint of herbs.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Eye of Knuckle||25mm Cubes||600g||2.5kg||6kg|
|Beef Stock Powder||5g||20g||50g|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Toss beef in cornflour, add remaining ingredients.
2. Mix well.
Pile into foil containers. Top with sprig of rosemary (optional).
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat 20ml of oil in a large heavy based pan. Add beef mixture and cook, stirring, over a high heat for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
2. Reduce heat to low. Add 400g of tinned diced tomatoes.
3. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is tender.
Serve with piping hot mashed potato and steamed green vegetables.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
1. This is an ideal dish for cooler weather, display in autum and winter.
2. Display with tinned diced tomatoes for an extra sale or promotional giveaway.