This delicious pot roast is an adaption of a favourite maltese dish.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Beef Oyster Blade||Denuded & Butterflied||1kg||4kg||10kg|
|Flat Leaf Parsley||Coarsely Chopped||20g||80g||200g|
|Foil Containers||16 x 11 x 5cm||2||8||20|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Completely denude the oyster blade, remove internal sinew, butterfly and place on board external side down.
2. Combine mince, bacon and parmesan, parsley, garlic and pepper. Spread evenly on oyster blade. With longest edge towards you roll frimly to close filling.
3. Cut in half and place edge side down in foil trays, pour 200ml of sugo over the beef in each container.
Vacuum pack trays for ease of transport.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 160°C, cover foil tray tighly with foil.
2. Place on oven tray and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Remove foil and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes until cooked through.
Slice thinly and serve with piping hot mashed potatoes and steamed green beans, spoon sauce over.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
This is a hearty winter dish but also can be chilled and sliced giving an effect similar to a terrine, which would be ideal for picnics.