Crispy pastry filled with a delicious cheesy beef and mushroom filling.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Puff Pastry Sheets||240mm Square||3||12||30|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Combine beef, bacon, mushrooms, spring onions, cheese and breadcrumbs. Divide into 250g portions.
2. Take one sheet of puff pastry. Cut in half lengthways. Cut 2 x 10mm strips from the long edge of one peice of pastry leaving a 100mm wide strip. Brush the long edge of 100mm pastry with water and place a thin strip on each side.
3. Top with a portion of beef mixture.
4. Fold sheet of pastry in half lengthways. Leaving a 20mm border, cut 30mm slits, 20 mm apart along the folded egde.
5. Unfold pastry and place on top of beef filling, gently pressing edges to secure. Brush top with egg glaze.
Display on tray lined with baking paper for ease of transport and cooking.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 200°C.
2. Bake strudel on baking tray lined with baking paper for 25-30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and the filling is cooked through.
Serve with your favourite tomato chutney and a crisp green salad.