The wonderful aroma when you lift the lid on this fabulous campfire roast will have everyone gathering for dinner.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Rub blade with oil. Season well with salt and pepper and sprinkle with rosemary.
Display on trays fat side up.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Light campfire and wait for the wood to burn down to glowing embers.
2. Place blade roast fat side up, onto a 9 litre cast iron camp oven. Pour over 500ml of red wine or beef stock and 500ml of water. Add 2 large brown onions, cut into wedges, cover with lid.
3. Stand camp oven in hot coals and shovel extra hot embers onto the lid.
4. Cook gently for 2 hours. Remove lid to check that there is still liquid in the camp oven. Add extra if necessary. Replace lid, top with fresh embers and cook for a further 30 minutes or until meat is tender and juices have reduced to form a sauce.
Carve roast into thick slices against the grain and serve with baked potatoes and corn.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Vacuum pack this roast to appeal to holiday campers.