These succulent beef ribs are cooked in just a few minutes, leaving more time to spend with your guests.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Chuck Short Ribs||Cut diagonally across bones at 8mm to 10mm thick.||600g||2.4kg||6kg|
|Nashi*||Peeled, Core removed||75g||300g||750g|
*Nashi is a fruit which looks similar to an apple but has a texture similar to a pear. If they are not readily available, substitue fresh green pear or apple puree.
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Remove plasticky skin like membrane from bone side of ribs by placing the point of a small sharp knife under the corner and lifting the edge. The membrane will pull away easily.
2. Temper or part freeze ribs before running through a band saw at 8mm to 10mm in thickness.
3. Arrange ribs on a shallow tray, cut side up.
4. Place nashi, onion, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in the bowl of a large food processor. Blend until smooth.
5. Pour mixture over ribs. Turn ribs to coat in marinade on both sides.
6. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Display on trays, cut side up.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat char grill BBQ to moderately high heat. Cook ribs for 3-4 minutes each side until well seared.
2. Remove to warm plate and cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
Serve with rice, lettuce and finely sliced vegetables.