Aubergine halved and filled with luscious lamb and ricotta ready to bake.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Cut eggplants in half lengthways.
2. Using a small knife, scoop out flesh leaving 5mm on skin to form a shell. Reserve half of the eggplant flesh and chop coarsely. Sprinkle shells with salt and stand cut side down a paper towl for 20 minutes to drain. Sprinkle chopped eggplant with salt and stand on a paper towel to drain. Wipe all egg plant well and dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle inside shells with breadcrumbs and toss chopped eggplant in crumbs.
3. Combine lamb, chopped eggplant, chilli, tomato, ricotta and oregano.
4. Divide filling back into eggplant shells. Ensuring that all flesh is covered.
5. Sprinkle liberally with parmesan cheese.
Display on trays and garnish with fresh oregano sprigs.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat fan forced oven to 160°c.
2. Place eggplants in a shallow ovenproof dish. Bake for 40 minutes until eggplant begins to collapse and filling is cooked through.
Serve with salad.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Promote as a quick meal solution.