Tasty little lamb pastries. Perfect to serve with soup on a cold wintery day.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Brown Onion||Finely Chopped||100g||400g||1kg|
|Black Olives||Finely Chopped||100g||400g||1kg|
|Flat Leaf Parsley||Finely Chopped||20g||80g||200g|
|Puff Pastry Sheets||250mm Squared||6||24||60|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Combine lamb mince, onion, olives, garlic, parmesan, breadcrumbs and parsley.
2. Cut pastry into 8cm rounds. Top each round with approximately 15g lamb filling.
3. Moisten edge of pastry, fold over and press edges gently with a fork to seal.
4. Pierce tops with a fork.
5. Place in a single layer on trays lined with baking paper.
Display on trays lined with baking paper.
CUSTOMER-INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 200°c.
2. Place empanada on baking tray, lined with baking paper. Brushed with egg glaze and bake for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Serve with hot soup.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Sell with your own soup mix for a complete meal solution.
These pastries are ideal to freeze for later sale. they can be sold frozen to ensure customer transports them safely. They will be ready to bake by the time the customer gets home.