The sweeteness of the figs and the bite of blue cheese compliment the lamb perfectly in these crunchy pies!
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Lamb Leg||Steaks 15mm Thick||600g||2.4kg||6kg|
|Figs||Soft Dried, Chopped||150g||600g||1.5kg|
|Puff Pastry Sheets||240mm x 240mm||3||12||30|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Combine cheese, figs and honey. Sprinkle steaks with pepper.
2. Cut each sheet of pastry into 4 x 120mm squares.
3. Place a lamb steak diagonally on each pastry square. Top with cheese mixture. Fold two opposite corners into the centre to partially enclose the lamb (envelope style).
4. Brush with egg glaze.
Display on trays on squares of baking paper.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 200°c. Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place lamb pies on tray and cook for 12-15 minutes or until pastry is crisp and golden.
Serve with rocket, crispy prosciutto and roasted pumpkin salad.