Delicious lamb rolls with a hint of the middle east.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Brown Onion||Finely Chopped||100g||400g||1kg|
|Dried Apricots||Finely Chopped||100g||400g||1kg|
|Puff Pastry Sheets||250mm Square||2||8||20|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Combine lamb, onion, breadcrumbs, cumin, garlic, spice, coriander, currants, apricots and orange juice. Knead together well to bind all ingredients.
2. Roll into sausages approximately 50mm diameter x 250mm long.
3. Place lamb on long edge of pastry sheet. Roll pastry to enclose filling, trimming any excess pastry from the edge. Repeat with the remaining pastry and lamb.
4. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with salt flakes and cracked pepper. Cut rolls in half.
Display on trays lined with baking paper.
CUSTOMER-INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat fan forced oven to 200°c.
2. Place lamb rolls on oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown and crisp and lamb is cooked through.
Serve with fruit chutney.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Ideal to display as a picnic idea.