Slow roasted lamb stuffed with couscous and dates.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Brown Onion||Finely Chopped||50g||200g||500g|
|Orange Zest||Finely Grated||1g||4g||10g|
|Red Chilli||Dry Flakes||0.25g||1g||2.5g|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Soak couscous in orange juice ofr 20 minutes or until all liquid has absorbed.
2. Add chopped dates, mint, onion and orange zest.
3. Open out lamb roast. Fill with couscous (90-100g). Roll and tie. Secure with strong or food grade bands.
Display in foil trays ready to bake.
CUSTOMER-INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat fan forced oven to 160°c. Season roast with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat 20ml of oil in a heavy based frying pan over a moderatley high heat. Sear roast on all sides for 5 minutes or until evenly browned.
3. Place roast in covered roasting dish. Add 40ml of orange juice.
4. Roast for 1½ hours until tender.
Serve sliced, with roast vegetables. Pour over pan juices.
Also delicious sliced when cold.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Sell with packs of vegetables.