A new spin on an authentic Asian BBQ dish that is very versatile and flavoursome.
|Ingredient||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Lamb Neck Fillet||4||16||40|
|Marinade||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Chinese Cooking Wine||60ml||250ml||600ml|
|Red Food Colouring||20g||80g||200g|
|Chinese Five Spice||5g||20g||50g|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Prepare marinade by combining all ingredients (alternatively use a Char Siu sauce).
2. Place whole lamb neck fillets in marinade for at least 3 hours (overnight for better results).
3. Remove neck and vacuum pack with 1/3 cup of marinade.
CUSTOMER – INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat oven to 160°c (fan-forced).
2. Remove lamb from bag and place with the marinade in a small baking dish and cover with foil.
3. Bake for 1½ hours at 160°c.
4. Uncover, baste and return lamb to the oven, increasing the heat to 180°c.
5. Continue to cook the lamb for a further 20 minutes whilst basting occasionally.
Note: The lamb can be cooked then re-heated or cooked slowly over bbq coals for that authentic bbq flavour.
Use for fried rice or serve with steamed rice and bok-choy. Also great in noodle dishes such as Char Kway Teow.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Sell with packs of rice or fresh noodles.