Rich and creamy curry for a hearty and flavoursome family meal.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Salt||1.25 tsp||5 tsp||12.5 tsp|
|Durban Masala Paste||100g||400g||1kg|
|Tomato Passata||Sold Seperately||400g||1.6kg||4kg|
|Durban Masala Paste||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Ground Coriander Seed||5g||20g||50g|
|Ground Cumin Seed||5g||20g||50g|
|Ground Fennel Seeds||5g||20g||50g|
|Curry Powder - Mild||2g||8g||20g|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
Durban Masala paste;
Heat oil over medium heat in a large pan, add all spices and cook on low for 5 minutes until fragrant, stirring continuously.
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
DO NOT ADD PASSATA.
2. Display in a disposable bowl/dish garnish with chilli and coriander.
3. Display with tins of diced tomatoes or bottles of tomato passata.
CUSTOMER – INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat a large pot with 10ml of oil and brown the mixture off.
2. For each unit of mix, add 400ml of diced tomatoes or passata.
3. Cover and simmer on low for 1.5 hrs until meat is tender. Can also be cooked in a slow cooker or a pressure cooker.
Serve with rice and roti.
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Sell diced tomatoes, bottles of passata, packets of rice and packs of frozen roti.