This roast is unbelievably tender and can be pre-seasoned with inspirational flavours.
|Ingredient||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Beef Oyster Blade||1kg||4kg||10kg|
|Stuffing||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
1. In a pan, lightly sauté butter, mushrooms, onion and garlic until softened. Remove from heat.
2. Transfer pan contents into a bowl and add horseradish, parsley, pepper and salt. Mix.
3. Add fresh diced bread and dried breadcrumbs and combine.
4. Mix in beaten egg and combine well.
Filling Oyster Blade & rolling
1. Denude Oyster Blade, butterfly and remove sinew, leave fat cap on (you should have a piece of meat approximately 30cm squared).
2. Place stuffing on ¾ of the meat’s surface.
3. Roll up the Oyster Blade and tie with 7-8 strings.
4. Cover the top of the roll with seeded mustard or leave plain.
CUSTOMER – INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat Oven to 170°c (fan-forced).
2. Season roast with salt and pepper then sear each end in a hot pan and render the fat.
3. Roast rolled Oyster Blade for 1½ hours.
4. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
Serve with roast vegetables and gravy.