A delicious and saucy meatball for a midweek meal any time of the year. The mixture is also excellent for BBQ beef burgers, sausage rolls or strudels using the same mixture.
|Ingredient||Description||25 Units||50 Units||100 Units|
|Beef or Veal Mince||1kg||2kg||4kg|
|Field Mushrooms||Finely Chopped||100g||200g||400g|
BUTCHER – PREPARATION/METHOD
1. In a large non-stick pan sauté butter, garlic, onion and mushrooms until soft and allow to cool in the fridge.
2. In a large bowl combine mince, salt, parsley and mustard, then pass through the mincer.
3. Mix through the cool mushroom mixture until well combined.
4. Roll mixture into 40g balls and present on a tray stacked in a pyramid shape 5x5 then 4/3/2/1.
5. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
CUSTOMER – INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Heat a large non-stick pan with oil until hot.
2. Fry the balls shaking the pan regularly for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add 1 tsp of minced garlic and a splash of white wine to deglaze the pan, then add approximately 200ml of cream depending on how many balls you have.
4. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Return meatballs to the pan.
5. Finish with salt, pepper and fresh chopped parsley.
Serve on a bed of rice or with 2cm cubed roast potatoes and buttered greens (asparagus, broccolini).
MERCHANDISE/PROMOTIONAL TIPS FOR BUTCHERS
Sell with cartons of cream or even pre-make the cream sauce. If doing so, thicken the sauce with cornflour and water so it doesn’t split when reheating.