Smoked Brisket with a good kick of chilli. Delicious hot or cold!
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Beef Brisket||Navel End||1.5kg||6kg||15kg|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Score top surface of brisket in a crisscross pattern with slits 30mm apart and 2mm deep.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle dry mixture all over brisket and rub in well. Place on a non reactive tray. Cover and chill for at least 24 hours.
Display in 2 litre capacity foil baking tray.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Place brisket in foil baking tray fat side up. Pour in 250ml of water or beef stock. Cover tightly with foil, pinching around the top edge of the baking tray to seal.
2. Prepare kettle BBQ for cooking over indirect heat. Add chunk of moistened hickory to coals or, if using gas, place a smoking box on the lower rack.
3. Place foil tray on upper rack in BBQ. Cover with lid.
4. Cook on lowest possible heat for 2½-3 hours, checking every hour to ensure that the baking dish has not dried out. If the dish is dry, add extra water or stock. If using coals add an extra chunk of hickory each hour. Reseal dish and put lid firmly back in place.
5. When brisket is very tender, remove from heat. Rest for 15 minutes.
6. Slice thinly against the grain and serve with pan juices.
Serve sliced with your favourite BBQ sauce, corn and salad.
This makes a delicious filling for rolls or sandwiches.