These ribs will have your guests craving more. Make sure there are plenty of finger bowls ready.
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Chuck Short Ribs||Cut Diagonally Across Bone at 8mm to 10mm Thick.||600g||2.4kg||6kg|
|Spring Onions||Finely Sliced||20g||80g||200g|
*Mirin is a japanese rice wine. It is possible to substitute chinese rice wine or sweet sherry.
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Remove plasticky skin like membrane from bone side of ribs by placing the point of a small sharp knife under the corner and lifting the edge. The membrane will pull away easily.
2. Temper or part freeze ribs before running through a band saw at 8mm to 10mm in thickness.
3. Combine soy, mirin, honey, ginger, spring onions and garlic in a large bowl.
4. Add ribs and stir well until coated.
Display on trays with extra sliced spring onions.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Preheat char grill BBQ on a high heat.
2. Cook ribs for 3-4 minutes on each side or until well browned.
3. Remove ribs to a warmed plate and cover loosely with foil.
4. Rest for 5 minutes.
Serve with an Asian style salad.