Everything is big in Texas and the flavour of these ribs is no exception!
|Ingredient||Description||1 Unit||4 Units||10 Units|
|Chuck Short Ribs||Whole Rib Plate||1.2kg||4.8kg||12kg|
BUTCHER - PREPARATION/METHOD
1. Remove plasticky skin type membrane from bone side of ribs by placing the point of a small sharp knife under the corner and lifting the edge. The membrane will pull away easily.
2. Score meaty side of ribs, cutting slits across the meat at right angles to the bone, 5mm deep and 20mm apart.
3. Brush beef with oil, and rub in combined salt, pepper and oregano. Massage well into slits.
Display scored side up, in foil baking trays.
CUSTOMER - INSTRUCTIONS FOR REHEATING/PREPARATION
1. Prepare kettle BBQ for cooking with indirect heat.
2. Place ribs scored side up in 2 litre capacity foil baking tray. Pour in 250ml-500ml of beef stock or water. Enough to half fill the baking tray.
3. Cover tightly with foil, pinching around edges of the foil tray to seal.
4. Cook on upper rack of kettle BBQ over lowest possible heat for 2 hours.
5. Lift edge of foil. Baste meat with juices. Reseal foil and cook for a further 30 minutes or until meat has browned and is very tender.
Serve with bean salad, meat juices and your favourite BBQ sauce.